Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Design Lead brings together and empowers multi-disciplinary teams of designers, researchers, and content strategists to bring experiences to life. The Design Lead provides vision and guidance across the product portfolio, mentoring more junior designers, leading the overall design process and interfaces with senior stakeholders. The Lead is also responsible for leading user research, need-finding, and driving the solution vision based on business and user insights. They should be comfortable getting their hands dirty and designing multi-channel experiences, leading workshops, and getting deep into the product to drive distinctive visual design.
- Advocates for user-centered, simple, elegant design
- Mentor and develop junior designers
- Drive user research to uncover insights, craft personas, and map experiences across the product portfolio
- Ensure experience ecosystems and service maps are consistent, desirable and efficient across channels
- Lead development of concept sketches and storyboards, detailed interaction designs and screen flows, and prototypes to clearly articulate solutions and guide agile teams
- Drive concept and usability testing to iteratively validate and improve solution design
- Consolidates UX-related improvement suggestions and executes through structured improvement initiatives
- Tracks user experience metrics and reports on the success of UX improvements, including analytics
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience For Sr System Analyst 2L Or
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience For System Specialist 2H
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in HCI or related field is a plus
Required Work Experience
- Has mapped user experience workflows (e.g., select BAs), or has formal education in design thinking (e.g., CMU co-op) Required
- Excellent track record in prior work of user research, experience design, rapid prototyping, usability testing Required
- Experience design and data visualization skills, including use of a diverse set of software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, and others) Required
- Experience conducting user / client research Required
- Demonstrates strong communication skills with ability to articulate to clients / users the value of using design thinking to solve problems
- Ability to produce high quality creative output under quick turnaround times and strict deadlines
- Mix of wireframe, UX/UI and visual design + leadership skills
- Synthesize abstract ideas into concrete implications for design
- Strong storyteller
- Strong sense of project ownership and progress against deadlines
- Is not afraid to collaborate with people of all levels and backgrounds to drive design thinking
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope
- Collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.