Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Implement and maintain workflow rules, formulas, approval processes, process builder, action/process triggers, and custom objects in the Con Edison DMTS environment.
- Organize and assist in the prioritization of user change requests and enhancement needs based on the level of effort and importance.
- Assist in the development of test plans and execution of test scripts for software testing on the DMTS.
- Assist with data management, reporting, mapping, and the import/export and ETL of large volumes of data.
- Perform auditing, troubleshooting, and help resolve data integrity/quality issues provided by internal DMTS users and from Implementation Contractors data uploads.
- Assist with the deployment of change sets to the DMTS and support implementation projects alongside our technology platform provider and contracted third party vendors.
- Perform system administrator functions including the development and scheduling of custom reports. Assist in the evaluation of new tools and Salesforce updates in an effort to identify new opportunities for application optimization.
- Perform monitoring and maintenance activities in support of DMTS interfaces to external Con Edison production applications.
- As needed support efforts to document business process requirements, business workflow, and enhancement requests to support existing Energy Efficiency and Demand Management programs and to implement new efforts in support of the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management portfolio.
- The Specialist will also be called upon to assist in corporate emergencies as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years Work experience with Salesforce product in developer/configuration or system administrator role
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Business and/or related field
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Analytical, project management, and Salesforce project implementation experience Req
- 2 years Direct Salesforce experience (developer/configuration or system administrator) Req
- 2 years Direct experience auditing, troubleshooting, and resolving data integrity/quality issues Req
- Less than 2 years Experience in documenting business process requirements, business workflow, and enhancements for purposes of managing and maintaining systems and processes Req
- 2 years Experience in executing test scripts (Functional, UAT, and Regression) Ability to interact with all levels of management and a diverse base of internal and external end users of an IT system Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills Required
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills Required
- Knowledge of and work experience with utility operations and demand side management initiatives Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated fast-paced corporate environment Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Salesforce certifications Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.