Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist senior EEDM staff is monitoring developments in regulations related to energy efficiency and demand management, especially Distributed Energy Resources, Non-wires Alternatives and Demand Response, by reviewing filings at the Department of Public Service and developing summaries.
- Assist EEDM operations teams in meeting compliance obligations including reporting requirements related to department programs as well as filings to report additional shareholder earnings related to EEDM.
- Analyze the impact of potential changes in market rules or rates, including rate cases and other policy developments, on the ability of EEDM to successfully execute its programs and meet targets.
- Work with internal stakeholders to formulate recommended company positions and proposals on key issues and prepare position papers on energy issues relevant to our advocacy priorities.
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Measurement and Evaluation, Market Research and Analytics, and Strategic Services teams within the department in order to help develop detailed and clear explanations of regulatory rules and constraints.
- Develop clear and concise but thorough presentations and articulate policy positions and develop effective and detailed memos and policy recommendations for consideration by senior management.
- Professionally, and with sound business judgment and integrity, engage with internal teams and external stakeholders, and advocate for Company positions.
- The Project Specialist will also be called upon to assist in corporate emergencies as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 4 years Work experience
Required Work Experience
- Regulatory, demand-side management and policy or policy analytics experience Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Required
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management Required
- Familiarity with Con Edison energy efficiency and demand management programs Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment Preferred
- Familiarity with the NY Public Service Commission relating to Energy Efficiency and Demand Response desirable Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.