Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assess customer and Company impacts of Distributed Generation in support of policy initiatives.
- The Senior Specialist will be required to understand the customers industries and businesses, the issues involved and how Distributed Generation relates to their businesses.
- Assess customer and Company impacts of various DG scenarios to support policy initiatives of the DG Ombudsman related to distribution system operations and both long and short term planning requirements.
- Write white papers and prepare presentations for upper management, coordinate efforts with diverse groups both internally and externally and exhibit knowledge of the utility business.
- Perform economic analysis from both a corporate and customer point of view, demonstrate proactive problem solving, demonstrate the ability to deal effectively with stakeholders and Company upper management, and generate a high level of trust and confidence.
- Monitor Federal, State and City proceedings related to Distributed Generation.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or Business preferred.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of work experience managing complex projects is required.
- Project management experience required.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand and deal with technical issues as well as assess customer and Company economics associated with Distributed Generation.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able and willing to occasionally travel to regulatory and industry meetings in state capital or other places.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.