Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The successful candidate will be required to have customer contact on a regular basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for corporate accounting activities including:
- Performing account and bank reconciliations.
- Analyzing capital expenditures.
- Processing accounts payable vouchers.
- Preparing journal entries.
- Processing customer and account billings.
- Routine analysis, reconciliation and follow-up.
- Associate's Degree In Accounting, Finance, or related field is required
- Bachelor's Degree In Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred Full time accounting or related work experience is preferred
Required Work Experience
- The successful candidate must be detail oriented, accurate, motivated, flexible, and willing to initiate change. Req And
- The candidate must possess excellent communication skills to interact with company employees, retirees, vendors, and various department representatives. Req And
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks to meet required deadlines. Req And
- Full time accounting or related work experience is preferred Pref And
- Knowledge of accounting systems, including Oracle EBS, PowerPlan, PeopleSoft, and the Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Pref And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.