Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- We're in search of a Technology Manager who will provide the vision and leadership for developing and implementing technology solutions within the Digital Factory to support the overall business objectives. This role is high visibility and has a direct impact on the customer-facing products. This person will be instrumental in driving technology strategy, building reusable and scalable components.
- Designs the overall technological architecture of the product with the help of the team
- Create an environment that drives innovation and challenges the team to explore and experiment new ideas/ technologies to grow the business
- Works with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
- Provides the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
- Creates opportunities for growth for the team members and inspires them to grow and leverage their strengths
- Guides project teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Responsible for the technical design of the product
- Be hands on and engage in coding to help the team to develop its solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand, i.e., identifies and removes technical impediments
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Shares responsibility with Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering And 8+ years professional experience Or
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering And 6+ years professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree Majors preferred in IT, computer science, business administration, engineering or decision sciences including mathematics, analytics, quantitative methods.
Required Work Experience
- Experience with architecture, business continuity, various technology stacks and a breadth of technology topics
- Experience in modern infrastructure technologies and Cloud Service providers
- Track record of ability to connect technology decision trade offs to business outcomes
- Seen as an expert within the technical knowledge and practical execution
- Experience with building high performing delivery teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to explain technical concepts at all levels and align the organization on complex technical decisions
- Experience with Agile issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Active coach and mentor who's goals are to grow and maximize team's potential
- Continuous learning mindset
- Ability to work through ambiguity - demonstrate confidence when making difficult decisions, leading through adversity with a focus on the right business outcome.
- Synthesizes abstract ideas into concrete implications
- Is open to learning new ideas outside scope
- Brave and rebellious, willing to challenge status quo
Skills & Ability
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Training and/or certification in Project Management is a plus. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.