Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Analyze and evaluate new technologies, business opportunities, and customer engagement strategies for inclusion in project portfolio.
- Manage pilots and or demonstrations within the project portfolio through stages including but not limited to ideation, vendor management, QA/QC, goals and budget tracking and forecasting, data and document management, customer outreach, reporting, and invoice management.
- Perform various project management functions, including establishing work plans, scheduling, administering and summarizing meetings, assigning and tracking tasks and change-order requests, developing status reports, and monitoring and managing budget and financials.
- Coordinate internal and external activities related to development, launch and oversight of pilots and demonstration such as evaluating new technologies and services, marketing campaigns and events, and various other initiatives.
- Manage specific aspects pertaining to the development, administration, and reporting on pilots and demonstrations within the project portfolio and support implementation vendors and other contractors to ensure all requirements are met per Company and New York State Department of Public Service guidelines and requirements.
- Work with multiple teams within and outside of the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management department to ensure optimum design and implementation of deliverables.
- Stay abreast of new developments and trends and provide internal briefings.
- Maintain effective communication on project status with relevant teams.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree 3+ years of work relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Understanding of the utility business model Required
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and demand management programs Required
- Project management experience Required
- Budget management experience Required
- Experience working independently and on teams Required
- Experience analyzing technical, financial, and other types of business information and making sound recommendations based on that information Required
- Strong oral and written communications skills Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus Required
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Experience managing vendors and/or contractors Preferred
- Ability to interact with different levels of management and various internal and external stakeholders Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated business environment Preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory processes between Con Edison and the New York State Department of Public Service Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: BEP, CEM/EMIT, and/or LEED certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.