Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Processing, scheduling and sequencing of Gas Engineering and Gas Operations planned activities covered under IP-9
- Review written procedures on the Con Edison Transmission and Distribution main, while checking for accuracy and adherence to IP-9 requirements
- Coordinate with Gas System Planning for impact studies as needed.
- Plan and coordinate Capital Transmission Work with Transmission Engineering
- Work with Pressure Control to plan and schedule regulator maintenance outages
- Work with Gas Distribution Services for scheduling of Transmission Valve Inspections
- Track activity including New York Facilities Gas Transmission activities, major gas transmission projects, Leak Survey activities, Pressure Control activities, and Gas Transmission Main Patrols
- Maintain the Planned work field calendar for scheduled and emergency work on the Gas Transmission and Distribution systems
- Responsible for working with Operating Supervisors, Field Planers, Engineering and Pressure Control departments to review planned and emergency field work affecting gas transmission and distribution mains
- Assess impacts created by contingency and provide feedback to contingency plans to minimize impacts
- Coordinate with Gas System Operators for final review and approval of IP9 procedures
- Manage Gas Control Sharepoint Site and update as required
- Perform other task and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 2 years relevant full time work experience
Required Work Experience
- Relevant work experience in engineering, construction or other operating areas Req And
- Project management experience Req And
- Working knowledge of scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera) Req And
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and Google Earth Req And
- Proficiency with SharePoint application. Req And
- Knowledge of Byers or Vision Req And
- Must have a high regard for personal accountability, and understand the critical importance of Commitment to Engineering Excellence. Req And
- Must demonstrate a high energy level and promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values. Req And
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence and understands the vital importance of personal accountability with an ability to render good business decisions. Req And
Skills & Ability
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to travel to attend various meetings at non-Company locations.
- Must be able to visit field sites in all types of weather as required and wear the associated PPE.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.