Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Coordinate and execute AMI commissioning activities associated with network device installation, data recording and equipment acceptance.
- Monitor the communications performance of all AMI network devices, to ensure issue identification, troubleshooting and resolution is performed in accordance with the established operating procedures.
- Identify poorly communicating or defective AMI network devices, and communicate with field organizations for work assignments to remediate issues
- Monitor the communications performance of all AMI meters and gas IMUs
- Identify poorly communicating or defective AMI meters and gas IMUs, and communicate with field organizations for work assignments to remediate issues
- Investigate, triage and coordinate work repairs necessary to keep the AMI Network operating at its design threshold.
- Monitor for real-time outages or voltage issues on MTA AMI meters utilizing the -Support Tool for Outage and restoration Management- (STORM)
- Communicate and report any identified MTA events identified in STORM to the Regional Control Centers for immediate emergency response by the Emergency #9 Department
- Monitor for AMI meter hot socket conditions by running periodic scans of all AMI meter temperatures in the Head End System
- Monitor completions of Remote Connect and Disconnect requests through Customer Operations, and in some cases, complete remote commands in the Head End System
- Run scheduled jobs in the Head End System and Meter Data Management System to provide critical information on network device and AMI meter performance
- Maintain and communicate AMI Operations reports updates on a periodic basis to ensure AMI System Operation levels are being maintained.
- Execute system testing plans for adaptation and acceptance of new network devices, meters and sensor devices into the AMI System installed post-deployment in coordination with field and vendor organizations.
- Field phone calls and provide direction to field employees performing meter installation and replacement work, including support of functional testing, diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Communicate and report IT System and Interface deficiencies to the IT NOC, Aclara NOC, and Itron NOC as well as inform business application users of application outages.
- Coordinate field visits with working organizations, vendors and contract employees in order to troubleshoot and maintain installed AMI equipment including network devices, electric meters, IMUs and sensors.
- Provide real-time updates for system outages to users of the AMI applications
- Work a full rotating 12-hour shift, covering 7a-7p and 7p-7a shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 to 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Experience with the development and execution of system operational procedures Required
- Familiarity with operational system dynamics and issue resolution Required
- Identifying and managing technical data system issues Required
- Experience in an information systems environment with an ability to work creatively and analytically Required
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills Required
- Implementation of business system projects and diverse operational experience Req
- 3-5 years Cross-organization work activity resolution Req
- 3-5 years System analysis, troubleshooting and resolution Required
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products and operational applications Required
- Knowledge of operations of electric distribution and transmission equipment is highly desired. Preferred
- Prior experience with AMI technology or wireless data transmission Preferred
- Identification and resolution of cross-system data management Preferred
- Implementation of control system upgrade projects and diverse operational experience Preferred
- Experience with operating or supporting a Control Center environment Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.