Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Selected candidates must have the ability to inspect and accurately document utility work performed by Company and/or city/municipal contractors on a laptop.
- Candidates must be able to maintain clear and accurate records and to negotiate and interface with contractors, supervisors, peers, Company user organizations, government agencies, and the general public to insure compliance with company specifications and government regulations.
- Candidates must have the willingness and flexibility to cope with the unique challenges that accompany every construction project.
- Candidates must also have the ability to read and interpret specifications, diagrams, sketches and drawings and must be able to perform mathematical computations.
- The selected candidate must be familiar with safety and environmental policies and procedures, possess good oral and written communication skills, and possess the ability to utilize computer applications.
- Selected candidates may be required and must be willing to work inside the office to process field data and contractor payments using the applicable computer applications
- The location of job assignments is based on workload within Construction Management in various sections
- Inspectors may be subject to re-assignment at any time and work schedules are determined based on departmental needs.
- The work schedule for this position maybe Tuesday to Saturday and is subject to change based on departmental needs
- Selected candidate may to be required and must be willing to work in the office to process field data and contractor payments using applicable computer software
- High School Diploma/GED And at least 5 years of field construction experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental, Architecture, Computer Science or Construction Management shall be considered
- Associate's Degree in a Technical Field And 2 Years of full time work experience in an Engineering, Environmental, Architecture, Computer Science or Construction Management shall be considered
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.