Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manages all aspects of the implementation of demand-side management programs, renewable initiatives and low-income programs.
- Manages all vendors and external program support services to ensure that programs run effectively and efficiently.
- Communicates energy efficiency and demand response recommendations to customers based on best practices and provides rebates and incentive for energy efficiency upgrades and demand response initiatives through Company programs.
- Responds to inquiries from Public Service Commissions in New York and New Jersey relating to demand-side management, renewable and low-income programs.
- Verifies customer eligibility based on program requirements and processes and tracks rebates.
- Prepares, tracks and administers operating budgets for all regulatory programs implemented by the department.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new demand-side management technologies and research carried out by energy related research organizations such as EPRI, EEI, AGA, E-Source, PLMA, AESP and any other applicable organizations.
- Responds to program evaluation results that inform modifications to program design and implements the recommended changes quickly.
- Represents the Company at regulatory proceedings and working groups regarding demand-side management, renewable and low-income programs in New York and New Jersey.
- Preserves and protects confidential information relative to the Company's business plans, competitive strategies, customer information, and other sensitive information.
- Participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a financial, math or engineering discipline.
Required Work Experience
- Must have 3 years of related experience, preferably in Demand-Side Management field including energy efficiency, demand-response, renewables, or distributed energy resources.
- Related demand-side management or project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of demand-side management fundamentals including program design, implementation, evaluation and cost-effectiveness processes.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interface effectively in a team environment with other departments, customers, and regulators.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and computer skills is required.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple responsibilities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Must possess and maintain high ethical standards.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.