Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Associate is responsible for providing entry level support to the organization with relevant education and experience for useful contributions to the department.
- Work with department director to support corporate affairs goals, implement programs, and evaluate and measure success;
- Work on special projects;
- Assist with meeting presentations including editing and formatting, for corporate affairs presentations;
- Submit expense reports and coordinate travel plans for senior vice president and her direct reports;
- Provide office management and administrative support for the senior vice president and direct report staff as required to maintain an efficient, positive and effective work flow;
- Work with hiring managers to provide a positive onboarding experience to new team members;
- Serve as departmental training coordinator, as needed;
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Communications or a related field
Required Work Experience
- One year relevant experience (includes co-op or internships) Req Or
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products Required
- Must demonstrate ability to accept challenges and solve problems Required
- Must exercise good judgment and render sound decisions Required
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic in support of the Company's Corporate Values and Missions Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with company employees Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.