Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Attend customer meetings with Business Development Managers to better understand customer needs and provide solutions using Con Edison programs.
- Conduct site energy assessments that identify energy efficiency opportunities that may involve all major building equipment.
- Quantify potential savings and incentives for complex upgrades using best engineering practices and/or NY TRM
- Develop written reports and presentations for customers that communicate the value of identified opportunities and how Con Edison programs can be leveraged.
- Required to keep up with industry standards in building equipment, technologies, local laws and best operational practices (i.e. ASHRAE, Building Codes, etc.)
- Required to understand the industry and business of the customer, the issues customers deal with and how energy relates to their business.
- Position involves extensive walking.
- May perform other related assignments as required by the Section Manager.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in Engineering, Science, Architecture or Technology felds, Economics/Finance or related field And Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Engineering
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Experience in energy efficiency and demand management technologies Required
- Strong technical writing abilities and oral communication skills Required
- Strong customer service capability Required
- A positive and collaborative team attitude Required
- Strong organizational and project management skills Required
- Ability to work well under pressure in time-critical situations Req
- Less than 2 years Experience in conducting ASHRAE level 2 energy audits Req
- 2 years Experience in operations of core building equipment Required
- Microsoft Office Suite Req
- 2 years Experience in energy modelling software Preferred
- Experience in building construction and NY building codes Preferred
- Experience in Utility energy efficiency and demangement programs Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Preferred
- Other: Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) Preferred
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.