Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The JR DESIGNER - Procurement and Contracts working within the Construction organization will be responsible for coordinating design work with Designers from other design disciplines, Engineers, shop personnel, station personnel, in addition to providing design field support during construction activities.
- This individual must have the flexibility to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with personnel on all levels.
- The candidate must have a high computer proficiency with the ability to perform drafting and design in AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Inventor.
- Knowledge of 3D design and ability to utilize current computer technologies to render 3D designs is desirable.
- The candidate must have the ability to read and interpret design and building codes, regulations, and standards.
- Selected candidate must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- The working environment consists of both office and field (substation and generating station) and other settings.
- The job requires strong manual dexterity. Office work may require periods of prolonged sitting. Field work may require extensive walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, and need to work in environments with exposure to noise, heat, confined spaces, heights, etc.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Error/Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and providing a +1 Customer Experience.
- High School Diploma/GED And 4 yrs Design Work Experience Or
- Associate's Degree 2 yrs Design Work Experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree Design Work Experience
Required Work Experience
- The candidates must ha a high computer proficiency with ability to perform drafting and design in computer aided design programs such as AutoCAD 2D, Autodesk Inventor Req Or
- Applicant must be able to read and prepare civil, structural and machine design including plans, section and details. Required
- He or she must have a working knowledge of mechanical, civil, structural, and architectural design issues associated with machine components, substation, generation station, or large infrastructure design. Required
- The candidate must have the ability to read and interpret design and building codes, regulations, and standards. Required
- Knowledge of 3D design and ability to utilize current computer technologies to render 3D designs is desirable. Experience with AutoCAD Inventor is desirable Required
- JR. Designer - Procurement and Contracts
- -This specialization requires a minimum of an Associate's Degree in Engineering Science or another Engineering discipline.
- -In lieu of an Associate's Degree, a High School Degree (or GED equivalent) and four (4) years of equivalent and relevant design work experience will be accepted.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.