Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Project Specialist will join a new group in Auditing, the Financial Integrity Practice. This new group will focus on mitigating fraud risk enterprise-wide through proactive fraud risk reviews and data analytics, and will leverage resources in Auditing to assist in fraud detection. The Project Specialist is responsible for supporting and executing various projects to establish a robust fraud risk management program at Con Edison to manage internal and external fraud risks and refine the control environment to mitigate our exposure. The Project Specialist will facilitate briefing and coordinating meetings/activities needed within the organizations for the initiations and completion of fraud risk assessments and action items. The role will also involve assessment and development of Con Edison's anti-fraud policies and procedures, education and communication to business personnel and senior management. The Project Specialist will have a strong interest in complex problem solving, process improvement, the ability to challenge assumptions and consider alternative perspectives, is able to think quickly and work both independently and collaboratively in a strong team environment.
- Assist in the implementation of anti-fraud program and controls.
- Assist in the development of anti-fraud policies and procedures.
- Assist with planning and conducting periodic Fraud Risk Assessments.
- Perform focused review and transactional testing of fraud controls and/or risk areas identified by management.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the internal repository of fraud risk schemes.
- Team with the data analysts to develop anti-fraud analytics and dashboard reporting as part of ongoing transaction testing and continuous auditing.
- Act as the liaison to work with Auditing, IT, external consultants and business personnel to leverage data analytic results to provide insights into the business, especially in the areas where anomalies are identified.
- Worked with other Auditing team members to incorporate fraud risks into annual audit plan development.
- Support fraud prevention and awareness training program and other relevant communications, which includes maintaining close interaction with other relevant departments.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging anti-fraud related leading practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining professional networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or business related field.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience to include: Required
- Minimum of two years of work experience in Public Accounting, Internal Audit, risk management or investigations. Experience in the utility industry preferred. Required
- Knowledge and experience in internal controls, risk management, fraud schemes, fraud detection and prevention, internal investigations. Required
- Strong analytical skills with successful experience in obtaining, reviewing, and analyzing data to support fraud detection and/or fraud investigations. Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well organized, detail oriented. Required
- Excellent project management skills, and demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities. Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Required
- Ability to accept challenges and use creative/critical thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions. Required
- High energy level, process orientation with proven ability to develop and implement innovative process improvement initiatives. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.