Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Systems Specialist performs a lead technical role in application support for Con Edison's AMI systems such as the AMI Head End System (HES), Meter Data Management System (MDMS), Meter Asset Management System (MAMS), and supporting applications or modules.
- Lead one or more teams to maintain the technologies used to support the Company's AMI systems.
- Work with users to prepare requirement analysis for implementation of new systems or enhancement of existing systems.
- Develop and maintain functional scope and technical design documentation for assigned applications.
- Able to plan, coordinate, and facilitate functional or technical design workshops.
- Work with vendors to configure and install products. Support and maintain vendor packages in production, performing and testing application changes as necessary. Prepare changes for production implementation and develop contingency plans. Ensure vendor packages comply with Company technology standards and practices.
- Configure supported applications to meet business requirements.
- Makes recommendations for improving application configuration or performance.
- Follows up on recommendations by developing tangible implementation proposals and detailed plans.
- Coordinates development activities of assigned contractors or junior staff.
- Prepares work estimates and assist with budget development for assigned projects.
- Designs and performs unit and performance tests for supported applications.
- Develop and periodically reassess testing standards for the AMI application support team.
- Write test plans and execute complex, multi-system integration, end-to-end, performance, disaster recovery, and user acceptance tests for supported applications.
- Coordinates with IR and business teams to establish and implement performance monitoring and reporting protocols for the AMI application portfolio.
- Provide 24x7 ''on call'' support.
- Participates in disaster recovery drills.
- Clearly articulate technical issues or concepts to functional and business users.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience IT preferred
Required Work Experience
- At least four (4) years experience working with users to define, specify, and implement complex reports. Must be able to understand complex data models and design or troubleshoot complex database queries. Required
- Must possess strong project management skills with ability to complete multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines. Required
- Works well independently and as part of a team. Required
- Understanding of application design and Software Development Life cycle principles. Required
- At least two years of experience implementing technology to support business processes or adapting business process to take advantage of technology. Required
- Experience supporting production systems on a 24x7 basis. Required
- Exceptional leadership skills required. Demonstrated ability to lead team activities, perform project management functions, and supervise team members. Preferred
- Experience writing formal documentation and software technical requirements. Preferred
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) Preferred
- Ability to transfer knowledge to peers and train subordinates. Preferred
- Able to evaluate and communicate the strategic implications of application design and performance considerations. Preferred
- Experience supporting off-the-shelf, enterprise level applications. Preferred
- Experience performing or supporting business activities impacted by AMI technologies, such as billing or outage management. Pref
- Strong Leadership Sills to manage complex business work streams.
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.