Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Project Role: Leads projects of moderate complexity, identifies business opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
- Portfolio Scope: Lead analyst for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Deliverables: Design documents, deliver subsystems, develop project plans for medium complexity projects, and develop business case including value analysis. Develop applications.
- Business Relationships and Management: Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable products. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on moderate sized projects.
- Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives
- Decision Making: Provides guidance and develops alternatives and recommendations. Gains support for recommendations.
- People Leadership: Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coach and technically train new team members.
- Operations: Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement
- Performance Improvement: Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements
- Communications and Change Management: Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience; Or
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
Required Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience with at least 2 of the following technologies: Structured Query Language (SQL), such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL, Object-oriented programming, such as Microsoft .NET (VB , C#) or Java,
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Required
- Must have excellent work ethics and integrity. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
- Experience implementing packaged software a plus. Preferred
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to lead/manage others
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.