Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Commit to the Way We Work Principles and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security..
- Oversee all aspects of the engineering and inspection functions for energy efficiency and demand management programs to achieve business goals.
- Consult and advise program teams and implementation contractors on demand side management and sustainability related to buildings and recommends strategies supported by engineering calculations, building science and simulations.
- Support the EM&V team to ensure that the State's Technical Reference Manual (TRM) reflects technologies needed to achieve the Company's savings goals.
- Provide engineering and inspection support to the C&I team.
- Ensures compliance with project technologies and reviews.
- Provide thought leadership and direction to teams.
- Present to various stakeholders to promote energy efficiency and demand management.
- Recruit, develop and retain an engaged and diverse workforce.
- Actively support the professional development of the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Steer participating contractors, market partners and other influencers and regularly inform these stakeholders about new and relevant information.
- Keep abreast of industry and technologies trends.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in Engineering, Architecture or related fields And 8 to 10 years Relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Master's or MBA
Required Work Experience
- 8-10 years Minimum of eight to ten years of relevant work experience Required
- Experience managing staff, projects, processes, contracts and vendors Required
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to drive results through collaboration with stakeholders to build consensus Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including technical writing and oral presentations Strong interpersonal skills Required
- Strong analytical skills Required
- Demonstrated knowledge of New York State Technical Reference Manual Required
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Required
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and demand management technologies Required
- Demonstrated familiarity with primary energy consuming building systems, with particular emphasis on Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC+R) Required
- Ability to evaluate and perform engineering calculations related to HVAC systems Required
- Understanding of building science and building envelope design Required
- Experience performing inspections of installed energy efficient technology Required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Knowledge of Salesforce Preferred
- Familiar with New York State's market transformation initiatives Preferred
- Experience with project management tools Preferred
- Certification in CEM, LEED or intend to pursue Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Professional Engineer Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.