Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under general supervision to perform, record and analyze all the tests required for the installation, operation and maintenance of all simpler types of protective relays (except those relays presently being maintained by electricians) supervisory control, telemetering, load control and communication equipment (excepting commercial telephone and space radio) as well as associated channel equipment and other appurtenances;
- To perform equipment and other tests of lesser complexity.
- To assist the Relay Technician -1st Class, and to perform other related or less skilled work as assigned.
- Perform their duties in accordance with Company Safety Rules and good housekeeping practices.
- High School Diploma/GED And 1 Year as an Electrician or Meter Tester, or the equivalent
Required Work Experience
- Orientation at Ford Substation or alternate location. Required
- Must have one (1) year of experience as an Electrician or Meter Tester, or the equivalent. Required
- Must have a basic knowledge of the theory of operation and maintenance of protective relays, electronics and associated equipment. Required
- Must be in sound physical condition. Required
- Must have license to operate a motor vehicle. Required
- Must pass a written/practical and physical examination. Required
- He/she should be able to read and interpret plans, drawings, specifications, wiring diagrams, schematics and circuit maps. Required
- Must pass a validated entry level test. Required
- Qualified bidders are subject to alcohol and drug testing as required by governmental regulations. Required
- Must be medically cleared for respirator use.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.