Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. System Analyst 2L or Systems Specialist 2H is responsible for leading system development and vendor implementation efforts, from project initiation through post implementation support. This role will initiate the efforts, lead internal IT and cross-functional teams as required, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and monitor and control all project activity throughout the project life-cycle. This individual will also be responsible for working on all aspects of new systems capability development as well as vendor systems implementations in a systems development lifecycle (waterfall) methodology or Agile. Activities may include planning, requirements gathering, journey mapping, business analysis, design, prototyping, development, testing, quality assurance, training, implementation, and on-ongoing technical support. This individual will work on the on-going enhancement and technical support of the existing IT application portfolio in Business Systems Delivery. This individual will also work on day-to-day IT administrative tasks, problem solving, and issues resolution.
- This Systems Specialist will have management responsibility over several IT employees and contractors. This individual will act as the liaison between product owners, architects, development team members, trainers, testers, and analysts to build and maintain enterprise-level software solutions.
- Project Role: Leads significant tasks within a project (2L) or entire projects of moderate to high complexity (2H), identifies business opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs (2H).
- Portfolio Scope: Lead analyst (2H) for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management) (2H). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- 2L/2H: Subsystem designs, end-to-end flow diagrams, use cases, complex APIs and modules, data models, and all System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation. Delivers value through regular releases and frequent customer testing.
- 2H: Full design documents, deliver subsystems, develop project plans for medium complexity projects, and develop business case including value analysis.
- Business Relationships and Management:
- 2L/2H: Provides updates to project plan, reports critical issues. Troubleshoots and resolves client issues. Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Engages vendors/sponsors at the right level of detail for example in weekly status meetings. Proactively engages others outside the project teams to bring in expertise to work to solve technical issues.
- 2H: Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable products. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on moderate sized projects.
- Vendor Management (2H): Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives
- Decision Making: Identifies issues, develops alternatives, provides recommendations. Gains executive support for recommendations (2H).
- People Leadership:
- 2L/2H: Works independently and provides guidance to other employees and contractors. Actively seeks input from team members to facilitate quick resolution to issues. Demonstrates commitment and integrity and serves as a role model for team members.
- 2H: Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coach and technically train new team members.
- Operations: Conducts incident triage (including off-hours), remediation, root cause analysis and recommends preventive actions including Human Performance Improvement (HPI). Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills.
- Performance Improvement: Participates on IT process improvement teams. Makes suggestions on system or process improvements.
- 2H: Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements.
- Communications: Strengthens business relationships, managing and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders. Leads or contributes to team discussions. Proactively raises issues.
- Change Management (2H): Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies, programming languages, business applications and products, and furnish expertise where appropriate.
- Provide 24x7 ''On Call'' support, 7 days a week. Available to work off hours as operationally required. May need to work in other company locations, as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business or applicable degree And with 3 years relevant experience Sr System Analyst (2L) Or
- Associate's Degree with relevant technical certifications And 5 years work experience in relevant field Sr System Analyst (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business or applicable degree And with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience Systems Specialist (2H) Or
- Associate's Degree with relevant technical certifications And with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience Systems Specialist (2H) Or
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Business, a plus Systems Specialist (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Systems Specialist (2H) requires a minimum 5 years experience in an analytical capacity, e.g., business analysis, programming, engineering, or system design. Required
- Sr System Analyst (2L) and Systems Specialist (2H) requires 3+ years of experience with at least three (3) of the following technologies: Structured Query Language (SQL), such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL Object-oriented programming, such as Microsoft .NET (VB , C#) or Java , (MQ) Oracle WebLogic Shell Scripting Microsoft Windows Server management Microsoft Windows Desktop management Azure DevOps/API Management Required
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Required
- Must have working knowledge of various software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, etc.) Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources Required
- Ability to complete multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines. Required
- Ability to plan work of self & others and resolve technical and other problems Required
- Knowledge of OMS Systems and the electrical model Required
- Experience supporting vendor ERP work management systems is a plus Preferred
- Experience working in a large-scale organization is a plus Preferred
- Experience supporting production systems on a 24x7 basis Preferred
- Experience with disaster recover solutions and drills Preferred
- Specific technical knowledge to be specified at the time of posting. Preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle NMS, Oracle Utility Analytics and Kubra Outage Map technologies Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.