Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Project Role: Leads significant tasks within a project. Identifies business opportunities related to strategic objectives
- Portfolio Scope: Assists in planning and road mapping, including analyzing technology components for vendor support and cyber security compliance. Work on developing in-house applications and assist in the implementation of Vendor applications. Maintain and support one or more existing applications including monitoring product license compliance.
- Deliverables: Subsystem designs, end-to-end flow diagrams, use cases, complex APIs and modules, data models, and all System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation. Delivers value through regular releases and frequent customer testing.
- Business Relationships and Management: Provides updates to project plan, reports critical issues. Troubleshoots and resolves client issues. Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Engages vendors/sponsors at the right level of detail for example in weekly status meetings. Proactively engages others outside the project teams to bring in expertise to work to solve technical issues.
- Decision Making: Identifies issues, develops alternatives, provides recommendations
- People Leadership: Works independently and provides guidance to other employees and contractors. Actively seeks input from team members to facilitate quick resolution to issues. Demonstrates commitment and integrity and serve as a role model for team members
- Operations: Conducts incident triage, remediation, root cause analysis and recommends preventive actions including HPI.
- Performance Improvement: Participates on IT process improvement teams. Makes suggestions on system or process improvements
- Communications: Strengthens business relationships, managing and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders. Leads or contributes to team discussions. Proactively raises issues.
- Perform other related and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Or with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Associate's Degree Or with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree Or
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus.
Required Work Experience
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Required
- Must have an excellent work ethic. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Req
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.