Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. System Analyst or Systems Specialist is responsible for support, maintenance, architecture and development of OSI PI Data Historian infrastructure supporting Distribution Electric, Gas and Steam Control Centers. The successful candidate will be responsible for configuration, coding, and testing, related to PI Data Historian. The successful candidate will manage technical aspects of assigned projects, including planning and resolving application issues. The successful candidate will be required to respond to system alerts 24x7 to resolve issues and ensure application availability. The successful candidate will collaborate with peers to translate business requirements to Technical Design Specifications, and design/develop code for Control Center applications as required.
- The Systems Analyst or Sr. Systems Analyst be responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of the OSI PI Historian for Distribution Electric, Gas and Steam Control Centers by implementing system enhancement, monitoring server status and responding to alerts.
- Configure OSI PI Interface nodes, Asset Framework (AF) models, reports and calculations using OSIsoft PI toolsets
- Maintain application/database changes and ensure naming schema are followed.
- Utilize management skills to define road maps and delivery for complex and high impact projects related to SCADA-OMS integrations.
- Periodically review and update procedures and Disaster Recovery documents related to the PI Historian infrastructure, and other associated systems such as OMS and SCADA.
- Develop system alerts and respond to system alerts 24x7.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math preferred And three (3) years to five (5) years of relevant experience Minimum three (3) years for System Analyst 1H; or
- Minimum five (5) years for Sr. Systems Analyst 2L.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, a plus Experience with SCADA applications, strong Unix administration skills, experience with networking design and configuration. Background in networking and cybersecurity.
Required Work Experience
- Sr System Analyst (2L) requires 5+ years of experience with the following: Unix/Linux Scripting, Application development/support, network monitoring and management, Required
- Systems Analyst (1H) requires 3+ years of experience in an analytical capacity, e.g., business analysis, programming, engineering, network operations or system design. Required
- Strong skills and experience with OSI PI Historian. Required
- Experience supporting production systems on a 24x7 basis Preferred
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Preferred
- Knowledge of SCADA systems Preferred
- Ability to plan work of self & others and resolve technical and other problems Preferred
- Specific technical knowledge to be specified at the time of posting.
Skills & Ability
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.