Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have, and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Train employees to develop the skills required to complete work assignments. This includes training on all system enhancements.
- Analyze and review processes to ensure they are performed in accordance with approved General Accounting Procedures (GAP) and Coporate Instructions.
- Supervise, counsel and discipline weekly employees according to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Maintain employee statistics on attendance and productivity and manage the allocation of work within the group.
- Track, enter and approve employees' time in HR Payroll.
- Prepare semi-annual progression reviews (where appropriate) and annual performance evaluations
- Perform special projects and other related assignments as needed, (both internal and external)
- Review existing processes; proactively explore the opportunity for improvements, and communicate a plan
- Provide ongoing customer support to internal customers and suppliers in resolving payment processing.
- Perform reconciliation of various sub-ledger accounts
- Identify system issues and work with the support team to test fixes, updates and enhancements
- Ensure all PII related information are fully secured, safely locked and filed away.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field And 2 years Accounting, Finance or related work experience
Required Work Experience
- At least 2 years of full-time experience in Accounting, Finance or related field. Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. Required
- Familiar with various company systems (Oracle, HR Payroll). Preferred
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.