Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The principal responsibilities of the Specialist in EH&S Communications, Reporting and Analysis are to frame and plan communications initiatives to support the business objectives of EH&S, which focus on moving the company closer to a zero-harm culture that aims to conduct operations while maintaining employee and public safety and minimizing environmental impact of company activity. Assigned functions will include: Planning, authorizing, editing, and distributing communications that provide a narrative framework for the data. Participate in developing the group's business plan, help establish the group's tactical and strategic communications objectives, and implement the plans. Participate in off-site EH&S activity in field visits and outreach events. Acquiring EH&S information from a wide variety of sources within the company's operating groups.
- Develops long and short-term programs geared towards the achievement of customer Excellence and Regulatory Compliance.
- Represent the organization on various corporate teams and committees.
- Conduct EH&S orientation for new employees as part of the Human Resources New Employee Orientation program.
- Research, plan and create communications for EH&S Employees and company wide. The process also includes editing, copy-editing, and content review for a wide variety of communications that may include print, videos, PowerPoint presentations, posters, leaflets, e-mail, and more.
- Collaborate with the Con Edison Corporate Affairs group on communications planning, projects, and programs,that is published on the coned.com external site.
- Manage communications, reporting, and analysis content on EH&S Central intranet site, which is available to all company employees.
- Coordinate special EH&S communications efforts, such as the executive presentations, Close Call program.
- Organize and participate in special EH&S events including outreach visits, safety conferences, award programs, and others.
- Attend meetings at field locations throughout the company's service territory to research communications and performance reporting products and services required by customer organizations within the company operating groups.
- Assist the organization in meeting established Goals and Key Performance Indicators.
- Serve as a liaison and create a conduit for open communication between other organizations and the EH&S organization
- Function individually and in teams to develop or modify processes to promote environmental, health and safety compliance, while maintaining a cost conscience mindset.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And Two (2) years' relevant work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And Four (4) years' relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Math, Science, Engineering, Communications, Business, Marketing or related discipline preferred And Two (2) years' relevant work experience
- Associate's Degree Math, Science, Engineering, Communications, Business, Marketing or related discipline preferred And Four (4) years' relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- High proficiency in computer skills required with the ability to learn/develop new technologies as needed. Required
- Strong organizational, leadership, teamwork, and decision-making skills. Required
- Must be flexible and have the ability to complete multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meetings deadlines. Required
- Experience in Communications and Marketing Required
- Managerial or supervisory experience Preferred
- EH&S experience Preferred
- Proficiency in SharePoint is preferred Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Ability and willingness to respond during off-hours, work overtime (including weekends and holidays) as needs dictate.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.