Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Junior Designer (electrical) applicant will work with civil, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines, designing new and modifying existing stations supporting Steam Operations. Applicant must have knowledge preparing and understanding general arrangement, sections, elevations, installation details, electrical wiring drawings and schematics. Applicant must be familiar with power and control wiring and raceway systems concept, design and installation. Applicant must have working knowledge of building codes, manufacturers equipment drawings and material specifications. Must be able to read and interpret multi-disciplinary drawings such as civil/structural, electrical, Fire Protection, HVAC, P&IDs (Process and Instrumentation) drawings etc. The candidate must be able to perform technical calculations.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years of equivalent and relevant design work experience Or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology preferred).
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of drafting standards, design drawing preparation of general arrangements, sections, elevations, installation details, electrical wiring drawings and schematics.
- Familiarity with power and control wiring and raceway system concepts, design and installations.
- Working knowledge of building codes, manufacturers equipment drawings and material specifications.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.