Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Project Specialist will serve as the Records Manager of Con Edison and the Lead Department Records Coordinator for the Law Department. The Project Specialist supports Law's records management, legal hold, and e-discovery functions. This role may expand into additional initiatives within the disciplines of legal operations and information governance.
- Oversee various Records Management initiatives to support retention and, where legally appropriate, destruction of paper and electronically stored records.
- With the Associate Counsel, LIO, establish, update, and monitor record retention policies and procedures for all records and information media throughout the Company.
- Coordinate the execution of the Company disposition process for paper, physical, and electronic records and information.
- Train Departmental Records Coordinators and Business Owners of technology systems, and conduct quarterly meetings and monthly training/refresher sessions.
- Support Departmental Records Coordinators, Business Owners of technology systems, and other business clients with review and approval of technology systems slated for retirement, decommission, upgrade/migration, or destruction, to confirm that records retention and legal hold requirements have been properly addressed.
- Assist in the use and evaluation of technology tools to support records retention, e-discovery, and legal holds.
- Oversee robotic process for routine destruction of Law Department records.
- Participate as Practice Operations representative on CEO Certification team.
- Other functions include: preparation of specialized reports or studies relating to records retention and/or legal holds; supporting compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements pertaining to records retention, privacy and security; development and implementation of Company records strategy through periodic audits, oversight of records transfers and the creation and/or updating of retention schedules for business units; supporting training efforts to communicate records management policies and procedures to all business units; and other related assignments as required.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices for records management, legal hold, and e-discovery, and assist in providing for in-house training on such best practices as required.
- Meet with attorneys to scope legal holds and e-discovery requirements for matters, interview custodians and database managers, communicate litigation support requirements to the Company's Information Technology department as well as outside service providers, and see those efforts through to completion.
- Collaborate with corporate Information Technology, Privacy Compliance, and other departments as needed.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
Required Work Experience
- A Minimum of five years' experience in records management and providing technical and litigation support, preferably in a law firm or corporate law department environment. Required
- The selected candidate must be a Certified Records Manager (CRM) or must obtain the credential within two years of start date. Required
- Experience and familiarity with records management and legal hold best practices - e.g., retention schedule, records inventory, digitization of records, data minimization, records destruction eligibility, preservation of records and evidence. Required
- Familiarity with the principles of records management and legal hold. Required
- Knowledge of data collection and e-discovery processing tools and review platforms. Required
- Familiarity with vendors, consultants, and other service providers in the three core areas of this position is preferred, as is the ability to manage those services to meet the Company's litigation support and compliance requirements. Required
- The candidate must be highly organized and results-oriented and have strong project management skills and technical experience. Required
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications. Required
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal. oral and written communications skills, as well as the ability to organize and coordinate projects effectively and efficiently utilizing individual judgment and responsibility. Required
- Experience in training and giving presentations is a plus. Preferred
- Management/supervisory experience preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: The selected candidate must be a Certified Records Manager (CRM) or must obtain the credential within two years of start date. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.