Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. Specialist will be responsible for the daily activity of employee job offers, promotions and all other compensation matters. Identifying and implementing process improvement as well as conducting periodic audits to ensure salary information is accurate. Providing accurate information and communicating effectively when information is requested by internal stakeholders.
- Review and approve management position guides while working with various organizations on short and long term hiring expectations as well as reorganizations.
- Work with HR Generalists to determine eligibility for union and management promotions, shift premium and pay parity. Review and approve HR payroll transactions as appropriate. Develop, conduct and participate in salary surveys. Interpret data and prepare analysis to support recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with compensation programs as well as with internal Company policies and procedures.
- Work with members of HR to understand union compensation which includes but not limited to merit, progression, and wage acceleration process while becoming primary back-up to the union wage process.
- Available to work on teams/committees, make presentations and conduct training sessions as well as communicate and interface regularly with other departments in HR.
- Participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3-5 Years experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance or Human Resources related field And 3-5 Years experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience in salary administration, incentive compensation and/or other related Human Resources experience Required
- Detail oriented, highly motivated, self-reliant, resourceful and articulate with the ability to effectively communicate differing views/opinions Required
- Should demonstrate flexibility to handle multiple assignments and deadlines, exercise good judgment and render sound decisions Required
- Demonstrate excellent administrative and organization skills and the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner Required
- Work well in teams and be willing and able to participate in cross functional teams Preferred
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff and various levels of management Preferred
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills Preferred
- Demonstrated support of internal and/or external customers with a focus on providing a positive customer experience Preferred
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft and other HR programs a plus. Preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and technical skills with a strong demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.