Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Equipment and Field Engineering Department of Central Engineering is seeking to hire a highly motivated and dedicated professional to join the SPEED (Special Projects Equipment Engineering & Design) section - ELECTRICAL specialization.
- Will be responsible for the engineering and design of planned projects and emergency replacement of failed equipment (including relay systems) at substations and generating stations.
- The responsibilities will include all activities from the inception to the close-out of projects.
- The responsibilities will include (but not limited to) preparation of advanced planning documents, scoping documents, budget requests and appropriation documents.
- Preparation of equipment and construction specifications, vendor bid documents, calculations & EH&S checklist for projects.
- Review and approve engineering drawings and related documentation.
- Meet with vendors and customers to optimize the proposed design, and establish project schedules.
- Be responsible for both in-house and out-of-house design efforts for projects.
- Project commissioning support during outages and emergencies.
- One to three years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 2 years of work experience to include one year of engineering work experience on substation/generating station electrical equipment and relay systems- ASSOCIATE ENGINEER A (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years of work experience on substation/generating stations electrical equipment and relay systems - ENGINEER (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 8 years of work experience on substation/generating station electrical equipment and relay systems - SR. ENGINEER (2H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a Masters degree And 6 years of work experience on substation/generating station electrical equipment and relay systems - SR. ENGINEER (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and experience managing projects. Required
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment, demonstrate excellent problem solving abilities, and be able to render sound business decisions. Required
- Selected candidate must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to render sound technical decisions. Required
- Applicant must have a high regard for personal accountability and understand the critical importance of the department's commitment to technical, environmental, and safety excellence. Required
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, and meet critical deadlines. Required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels and from other organizations. Required
- Must have good computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite for development of drawing mark-ups, sketches and block diagrams. Required
- Also required to work independently, initiate areas of investigation, drive projects/programs independently, and achieve results independently. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to wear the required PPE as needed
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, and beyond, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.