Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Take multiple calls throughout your work day, assisting customers with all inquiries including electric and/ or gas emergencies, billing explanations etc.
- Utilize various computer based systems to access customer accounts and input transactions
- Analyze customer accounts to address any billing inquiries
- Maintain empathy and assist customers who are experiencing hardship
Required Work Experience
- Must be able to respond to direction and work as a member of a team, using PC-based information systems in order to retrieve information to analyze customer accounts. Required
- Must have the ability to interact with customers over the phone, as well as other avenues of contact in a responsive, productive and professional manner. Required
- Will need to provide outstanding service in every customer encounter and be an effective communicator. Required
- Must be proficient in English. Required
- Ability to work a hybrid remote work schedule and complete pre employment testing onsite at a Consolidated Edison. Required
- The Provisional Customer Service role is a temporary position with the potential to apply for a permanent position based on business needs. Req
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.