Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for compliance reporting, inspection and tests, incident and accident investigations, program implementation, permit renewals, documentation and safety project oversight.
- Performs training of station personnel in various safety and industrial hygiene subject areas.
- Reviews and observes operation, maintenance and construction department activities to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Reviews, coordinates and maintains FDNY COF compliance for station with FDNY fire code.
- Coordinates all state asbestos activities.
- Ensures all personnel use sound EHS practices in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
- Coordinates and maintains station MARS medical and rescue squad team requirements.
- Conducts vendor eHASP reviews for ensuring vendor compliance with company policy and government regulations.
- Coordinates annual medical examinations for station personnel and administers respirator fit testing for all affected station personnel.
- Perform other related tasks or assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years Operating or EH&S experience Or
- Associate's Degree Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Science. And 4 years Operating or EH&S experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Science. And 3 years Operating or EH&S experience Or
- Master's Degree Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Science. And 2 years Operating or EH&S experience
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Steam Operations. Required
- Must be a highly motivated individual, demonstrate a strong Commitment to Excellence, and understand the vital importance of personal accountability. Required
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Required
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to successfully complete multiple tasks without compromising quality or timeliness. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively interact with various levels of personnel. Required
- Must demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheet and database applications). Required
- Knowledge of EH&S regulations. Preferred
- Knowledge of EMIS, SHIMS, and MAXIMO. Preferred
- Power plant experience is preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.