Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Review training requirements by Construction Department for generation of required classes and hours by job title.
- Provide direction and guidance related to training requirements and administrative activities to Construction
- Oversight of the Construction Organization License monitoring program, and conducting of the yearly driver review
- Order training supplies and materials to enhance instruction program
- Maintain all training schedule that includes all areas of Construction Organization.
- Organize training sessions with customers and The Learning Center (TLC)
- Consults with organization and managers to assess training needs.
- Assist in the Onboarding of new hires and train them in our policies and procedures
- Build rapport with trainees and encourage them to develop trust in one another so they can rely on each other in the field
- Produce status reports and send directly out department supervisor.
- Attend Staff meetings to provide updates to upper management
- Work closely with the Section Manager and Sr. Specialist to proactively drive positive changes to the internal and external business processes involved in the work of the Department.
- Support the Section Manager in all aspects of the Computer Application process and in meeting the goals of the Department and Company.
- Coordinate various administrative activities of the department and develop processes and programs as needed.
- Bulk data entry and Requisitioning for Oracle.
- Ensure implementation of Company Safety, Health and environmental programs for all personnel within the procedures group and ensure all company environmental policies and governmental regulations are followed.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing and Effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer Experience.
- Must ensure that the Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities. Ensures that all work is being performed in an effective and efficient manner
- Performs other related assignments as required
- High School Diploma/GED Five plus years experience with High School diploma. And must be organize and have excellent administrative skills
- Bachelor's Degree Two to four years experience with a bachelor's degree And must be organize and have excellent administrative skills
Required Work Experience
- Preferred experience with Con Edison's Learning Center Training Systems and process.
- Preferred experience with the use of the INDUSTRIAL TRAINING SERVICES (ITS) Site for scheduling training and reviewing certifications
- Familiarity with industry best practices and standards
- Ability to translate complex problems and concepts in training.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, must be a 'Self-Starter', have strong oral and written communication skills, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and to render sound business decisions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications is required. Familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access is preferred.
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships And
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.