Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Maintains a working knowledge of State and federal codes governing pipeline construction and cathodic protection work.
- Inspects work performed by outside contractors on Company underground facilities assuring adherence to Company specifications, proper work methods, and appropriate use of facilities and equipment.
- Estimates cost, prepares bids, and designs work related to gas distribution system. Recommends cathodic protection for new and existing distribution, transmission lines, and any other gas facilities as required.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of studies and reports required by the Company and regulatory agencies.
- Investigates new methods and devices related to cathodic protection. Makes recommendations for improving existing techniques.
- Maintains and improves Cathodic Protection databases and processes.
- Maintains required records and reports in a manner suitable for inspection by Company auditors and governing agencies.
- Works with other companies in the elimination or prevention of stray current interference or related matters.
- Prepares reports and updates annual studies and programs for Gas Operations, as required.
- Represents Gas Operations in a team environment with others or on committees, as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering or Science And 2+ years in Cathodic Protection or other technical areas Or
- Associate's Degree And 4+ years in Cathodic Protection or other technical areas Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5+ years in Cathodic Protection or other technical areas
Required Work Experience
- Working knowledge of state and federal codes governing pipeline construction and cathodic protection. Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, presentation and organizational skills. Required
- Must have excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint applications. Required
- Must work well in team situations, be willing and able to lead and participate in cross-functional teams as required and balance various tasks and priorities. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must be able to communicate and listen effectively and work harmoniously with others in providing and procuring information and assisting in various duties and responsibilities as required. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Knowledge of electrical, gas transmission, distribution and pipe-type feeder systems. Preferred
- Should have technical training and mechanical ability and a thorough knowledge of DC instrumentation. Preferred
- Good working knowledge of gas operations systems and regulatory requirements. Preferred
- Must have strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a drivers license and be able to respond to Company field emergencies as required.Must have demonstrated computer skillsPrefer knowledge of cathodic protection practices
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: NACE Certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Must be available during off-hours, and be on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies or direct activities when necessary.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.