Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and support intrusion prevention, endpoint protection, data loss prevention, and access control technologies prepare standards based documents for the installation of computing or communications components to support Con Edison's information and communications network infrastructure.
- 2nd Level triage, analysis, and processing of alerts
- Respond swiftly to all alerts; perform initial risk/impact assessments or escalating issues as appropriate
- Open and track incidents through to resolution
- Facilitate communications to both internal and external parties.
- Support Corporate Security through forensics analysis of systems, malware, or network
- This is a rotating position with a shift differential that covers holidays, weekends, and nights
- Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required
- Enforce change management controls and guidelines
- Provide real time and near real time responses to end users, technical support groups and IT management
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Respond to and participate in any incident response efforts
- Advanced Threat Intelligence analysis and processing
- Threat Hunting
- Process Enhancements & Turnover
- Knowledge Management
- Advanced experience with SIEM
- Overall act as team lead/Tier 2 for peer checks, escalations, decision-making and advanced tasks within the CSOC
- Provide approvals for various tasks within the CSOC
- Act as team lead to assign tasks to tier 1 analysts and manage workload on shift
- Provide guidance and training to junior analysts
- Master's Degree And with a minimum of two (2) years of IT experience preferably in Cybersecurity Or
- Bachelor's Degree And with three (3) years of IT experience preferably in Cybersecurity; Or
- Associate's Degree And with a minimum of four (4) years of IT experience preferably in Cybersecurity Or
- High School Diploma/GED And with a minimum of five (5) years of IT experience preferably in Cybersecurity
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT (preferably in Cybersecurity) is required Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required Required
- Excellent oral and written skills Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines simultaneously Required
- Ability to present at different levels of management Required
- Knowledge of security tools Required
- Previous Computer Incident Response Team(CIRT)/Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC), and incident management experience is required Preferred
- Solid understanding of industry standard policy, processes and procedures covering incident, problem and change management Preferred
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and network architecture is preferred Preferred
- Scripting experience is preferred Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Technical certifications - Security+, CySA+, or equivalent 1 Year Required And
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.