Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees and that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Performs safety talks, OJTs and ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for subordinates.
- Ensures safe work practices are followed and environmental considerations in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations are included in service designs.
- Supervise Designers and other subordinate titled personnel in the design, reinforcement and expansion of the electrical distribution systems for new business projects.
- Provide instruction and guidance in the development of service determination and construction layouts.
- Enforces good housekeeping practices and ensures that subordinates work activities are performed in a safe and efficient manner, and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Reviews progress of various projects to ensure their completion in a timely and professional manner.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and assigns work activities to personnel to meet operating needs, customer service requirements and departmental goals.
- Ensures that technical and customer excellence are the highest priorities when developing methods of supplying new or additional loads.
- Responsible for the on-going evaluation of employee performance to ensure: adherence to Company design specifications/guidelines meets and/or exceeds productivity expectations.
- Assess training needs and take corrective actions as may be required.
- Provides individual and supervisory engineering support during distribution system contingency.
- Ensures that the plans and drawings for the service design, including reinforcement, expansion and maintenances of the electrical distribution system are prepared in compliance with operating procedures, engineering specifications and Company policies.
- Certifies engineering designs, drawings and field prepared layouts on proposed new business capital projects.
- Promotes consistency in work practice within all of Customer Engineering.
- Represents the Company at meetings with customers, contractors, governmental officials, consulting engineers, lawyers and other Company personnel regarding electric service and distribution, method of supply and feasibility to ensure compliance with Company procedures and specifications.
- Reviews high-tension specifications and customer operating procedures for proposed high-tension services to ensure compliance with Company Operating Procedures, engineering plans and Company specifications.
- Develops a full understanding of the Company Rate Schedule applicable to installation and maintenance of electric facilities and ensures compliance on service determinations.
- Supervises the preparation of necessary documents and technical data required to process major projects for Work Order Approval. Assists Customer Engineering Manager in the preparation of Capital Budget.
- Ensures compliance with collective bargaining contract and participates in Union negotiations at the first line level.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years of relevant work experience (Engineering degree preferred)
Required Work Experience
- Must have at least (2) years' experience with engineering related projects. Required
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational, analytical and technical skills. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to diplomatically interact with internal and external customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical and/or mechanical engineering drawings. Required
- Supervisory experience. Preferred
- Understanding of various computer systems and software applications, including MS Office products. Preferred
- Knowledge of the electrical distribution system is preferred. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Walking, climbing driving and site visits are required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.