Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Working knowledge of: industrial instrumentation, water treatment systems, high voltage switchgears, switchyard equipment operation and maintenance, as well as conduit installation practices.
- Work as a team member as well as capable of independent work.
- Perform the necessary testing, repairing, and preventative maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control systems and instrumentation along with ensuring safe and efficient plant operations.
- Handle projects involving the implementation of design changes, major maintenance activities, including fuel systems, chemical treatment systems, and auxiliary equipment systems.
- Strong oral and written communications skills along with the ability to read and understand process and instrument diagrams as well as mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to use electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering or related field Or
- Associate's Degree Electrical Technology or related field Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 4 Years Relevant experience in chemical and power plants, paper mills, Navy, refineries, or manufacturing facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
- High School Diploma/GED And 4 Years Navy (Nuclear), aircraft controls, distributed control systems, or programmable logic controls
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confimed spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.