Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Analyst position will take a lead role in partnering with the Shared Services Organizations to develop, track, and manage operational and financial plan. The Senior Analyst will also identify improvement opportunities through data-led analyses and influence customers to implement the opportunities.
- Partners with customers to develop the 5-year operation & maintenance and Capital budgets as well as provides historical trends to help justify work plans.
- Enters budget information into Oracle.
- Develops budget presentation materials for senior management.
- Supports financial forecasting processes with analyses using relevant systems and tools (including entering forecast information into relevant system).
- Identifies and communicates variations from financial plan to stakeholders.
- Attends key customer meetings, challenges forecast assumptions, and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Provides monthly variance analysis and commentary, including corrective action plans.
- Supports the performance of root cause analyses on cost categories with significant or unanticipated variations and determine corrective measures.
- Communicates monthly performance to customers.
- Facilitates annual capital optimization and governance process (including preparation of governance meeting materials).
- Leads spend driver tracking through maintenance, analyses, and communication of weekly data.
- Identifies opportunities to create value-added analyses to support customers in decision making.
- Performs ongoing analysis of accrual submissions of all types along with associated payments.
- Assists in rate case filing and regulatory reporting and helps prepare relevant documentation.
- Provides training to customers and internal staff on key processes, systems, and financial acumen.
- Performs additional tasks when necessary to support the organization and the Company.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Master's Degree And two (2) years of relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- At least 3 years of Financial Planning & Analysis related experience. Required
- Strong analytical skills and experience in obtaining, review and analyzing data to support business objectives. Required
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and presentation skills. Required
- Understanding of ConEd's business (e.g., services provided, current events) and FP&A function (e.g., objective, role, deliverables). Required
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel- pivot, etc., Power Point) and budgeting tools (e.g., Oracle, SAP). Required
- Understanding of accounting principles (e.g., income statement, balance sheet). Required
- Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities and proactive qualities. Required
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills. Required
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making. Required
- The ability to learn and use new systems quickly. Preferred
- Familiarity with data visualization and analytics tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx) a plus. Preferred
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and interact effectively with customers. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.