Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Engineer will be assigned to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop, test and manage protection and control system standards including philosophy documents, relay settings guides, templates, drawings, test templates, etc.
- Study industry best practices and support technological advancements to enhance already established standards.
- The Senior Engineer will perform various engineering analysis, evaluate new hardware/software solutions and support deployment of protection system upgrade programs.
- The Senior Engineer is expected to support PRSI department in implementing new strategies, initiatives and processes to advance the design, operation and reliability of P&C system.
- The Senior Engineer will support activities within other sections of PRSI including protection system asset management and remote monitoring / analytics of substation protection and control devices.
- The Senior Engineer will oversee vendors performing work for the department and will provide technical review and input to the contractor's work.
- The individual must demonstrate analytical ability and the capability to solve problems associated with relay protection systems.
- Periodically be available off hours to consult with operating organizations on relay problems and resolve emergencies associated with relay protection systems.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering And 8 years total experience in any of the following areas: relay protection or power systems engineering Or
- Master's Degree in Engineering with a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering And 6 years of experience in any of the following areas: relay protection or power systems engineering.
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and 8 years total experience in any of the following areas: relay protection or power systems engineering. In lieu of this, a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with a Masters degree in Engineering and 6 yrs of applicable experience will be accepted.
- Strong technical competence and practical experience in the design of relay protection systems at transmission, sub-transmission or distribution level.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient using PSS/E CAPE, Aspen or equivalent fault study analysis tools
- Ability to write engineering specifications and standards Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: P.E. License Preferrederred Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory and work at company locations as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work in various indoor and outdoor conditions, and all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work in power plants and high voltage substations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.