Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under general supervision, develops, maintains, and supports IT application portfolio in the GIS domain for Electric or Gas operations in the IT BSD GIS Department. This individual's responsibilities include designing, coding, configuring, testing, documenting, problem solving, training, and administering and maintaining geographical information system (GIS) related applications.
- Supports the GIS applications by assisting in the development of new functionality. This involves preparing documentation, coding as required, testing, and problem solving.
- Maintain the technologies that are used to support Con Edison's Gas or Electric or both organizations. Support responsibilities involve software configurations, as well as customizations to enable integrations with critical systems at Con Edison.
- Requirements collection, design and implementation of new systems and/or improvements to existing systems, both in-house built and vendor packaged applications.
- Works with users to prepare technical analyses for enhancements to existing systems or new systems. Develops functional scope and design documentation for enhancements of existing systems.
- Designs application enhancements and small projects according to departmental standards. Writes programming technical specifications based on system design.
- Codes applications or supports some aspect of the application development environment (such as tools or common components). Performs system testing.
- Troubleshoots problems found in testing development projects, production applications, or the development environment. Prepares work for production implementation.
- Performs integration and system testing, and assists in acceptance testing. Performs high level applications testing for technology upgrades.
- Creates logic flow charts and process diagrams.
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provides training for Systems Users.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And two (2) years work experience in relevant field Demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field. Or
- Associate's Degree And Four (4) years work experience in relevant field Demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Associate's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
Required Work Experience
- Experience writing formal documentation and requirements. Some experience preparing and conducting presentations. Required
- Experience with object oriented programming languages. Python, or Java, or .NET experience is a plus. Required
- Experience with GIS related technologies such as ArcGIS is a must. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Be proficient querying relational databases; some level of Server administration skills, including low level operating system troubleshooting skills on either Windows or Linux platform, are a plus. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Provide 24x7 ''On Call'' support, 7 days a week. Available to work off hours as operationally required. May need to work in other company locations, as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.