Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Enterprise Data & Analytics (ED&A) team is responsible for delivering advanced analytics solutions, driving Con Edison's data strategy, and managing the technologies that support the Company's data and analytics strategy.
- The Systems Manager for Platform Engineering is responsible for the operations and support of data and analytics technologies and platforms, including platform architecture, the buildout of new technologies and capabilities, change and release management, platform monitoring, and support for use cases and BI solutions. The position will manage and direct a team comprised of leads for the domains outlined above alongside contractors and vendors responsible for daily platform tasks. The position requires expert knowledge of system operations, release management, disaster recovery, and system patching.
- Lead and manage the Platform Engineering team within the Enterprise Data & Analytics team. Provide vision, guidance, training, and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel the platform team. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures. Foster a working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and team development. Provide technical guidance and coaching (OJT) to team members including cross-training personnel.
- Coordinate and manage daily business activities for the Platform Engineering team. Oversee the day-to-day support of systems, platforms, and products, including but not limited to creation and maintenance of support documentation, incident resolution, monitoring, disaster recovery planning and execution, and scalability and capacity planning.
- Establish and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Recovery Time Objective (RTO). Identify improvements to help reduce unplanned outages and missed SLAs. Maintain disaster recovery procedures and execute DR drills.
- Work with application development teams to review and schedule production deployments and upgrades. Deploy changes to production environments as deemed necessary.
- Supervise employees and contractors providing first-level support for selected systems, platforms, and/or products. Understand, direct, and ensure communication of incident response and root cause analysis, including HPI.
- Support mission critical applications by directing hardware/software patching, troubleshooting and remediating issues, optimizing system performance and conducting capacity planning. Ensure monitoring for data pipelines and data ingestion into data platform is in place.
- Develop a strategic vision for all data visualization and reporting solutions. Manage the support, governance, and roadmap of data visualization platforms such as OBIEE, OAC, PowerBI, and Tableau, including development of enterprise standards and portfolio rationalization.
- Work closely with project and team leads from AMI, Customer Operations, Electric Operations, Customer Energy Solutions, Energy Management, and Compliance to ensure that technology needs are being satisfied to ensure the Company's completion of data & analytics initiatives.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture and IT Business Systems Delivery teams and technical architecture groups to plan, manage and assess business and technical needs.
- Plan and evaluate new technologies to provide technical solutions that deliver new data and analytics capabilities to the enterprise.
- Establish software standards and create reference architectures for multiple data and analytics scenarios alongside enterprise architects to streamline processes. Establish operating models with business users and other IT areas to ensure adherence to architectures and standards. Prepare and maintain support documentation of supported systems.
- Perform project management tasks, participate in Agile ceremonies and delivery, and direct the efforts of others.
- Support the team in its overall objectives, to include data & analytics strategy, analytics solution delivery, data operations, and emerging Company data initiatives.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And with a minimum six (6) years relevant experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And with a minimum eight (8) years relevant experience
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field And with a minimum eight (8) years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field And with a minimum ten (10) years relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience delivering and supporting production enterprise-level systems and platforms Required
- Experience with data management, data modeling, data integrations, business intelligence, and analytics Required
- Project management experience Required
- Managerial, supervisory, and/or leadership experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of new IT technologies Required
- Ability to present technical topics to non-technical audience Required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities Required
- Experience developing and enforcing formal documentation, reference architectures, guidelines, operating models, policies, and procedures Required
- Expertise in translating portfolio of business needs to business value and understanding of process change requirements to achieve value Required
- Expertise in Microsoft products, including experience with Azure data & analytics tools Required
- Proven experience troubleshooting complex system issues and outages and conducting root cause analysis Required
- Passion for and track record for managing multiple functional topics, solving problems and removing impediments. Clear ability to interact effectively at all levels throughout the organization Required
- Experience managing budgets, navigating purchasing requirements, and managing contractor deliverables Preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring processes and tools, particularly from a business viewpoint Preferred
- Experience with enterprise cloud-based reporting and visualization platforms Preferred
- Experience with data governance, data privacy, and data sharing frameworks and technologies Preferred
- Experience in managing agile delivery and release planning Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Technical certification(s) in IT Preferred Or
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.