Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare presentations for executive use.
- Lead all OQ communication efforts, including OQ Updates, eLearnings, etc.
- Overall responsibility for communications and facilitation of change management related to OQ.
- Develop rapport and gain buy in across Gas Operations and other OQ user groups.
- Lead all new and ongoing OQ projects, including ITS and NGA projects.
- Lead the coordination, preparation and reporting of significant activities related to OQ.
- Creates and sustains a workplace environment that fosters inclusion, leadership, professionalism, safety, operational excellence, integrity, and courtesy.
- Conduct impact analysis, assess changes readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of the OQ program and OQ communications.
- Support and engage senior leaders in OQ topics, as needed.
- Coach managers and supervisors in OQ related topics- specifically in utilization of ITS, reports and other OQ tools.
- Author all changes to the OQ Written Plan and associated appendices.
- Create ITS reports, as required to assist in more transparent understanding of employee/contractor OQs.
- Work with user groups to further enhance OQ understanding and gain buy-in for future improvements.
- Lead OQ discussions for Gas Compliance, with outside groups, including regulators, NGA, AGA, etc.
- Understand and manage compliance requirements of OQ.
- Perform and document monthly (or more frequent) OQ compliance checks.
- Perform and document OQ Program Effectiveness review.
- Author/maintain new and existing OQ processes/procedures.
- Author/maintain new and existing OQ related trainings (eLearnings and others).
- Participate on all OQ related committees (internal and external).
- Manage OQ SharePoint site and develop new content as appropriate.
- Manage OQ matrices: OQ covered task matrix, job function matrix, reporting, ITS, etc.
- Manage OQ change management process, including sharepoint records, MOC documentation/forms, monthly meetings, etc.
- Lead OQ and Training Effectiveness Committee.
- ITS Administrator - Coordinate changes in ITS and ensure alignment with the Written Plan. Maintain ITS roles and users. Create new series as required.
- GRC Administrator - Manage all GRC functions and personnel and create the annual stand-by calendar.
- Manage direct reports in all OQ and Gas Operations related tasks.
- Ensure full compliance of OQ.
- Lead implementation of Gas Ops IQ system.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Communications, English, Business, Engineering, Organizational Development or related field And 3 years Related work experience Or
- Master's Degree Communications, English, Business, Engineering, Organizational Development or related field And 2 years Related work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in Gas Operations, or Gas Compliance. Required
- Experience managing a cross-functional team. Required
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess the ability to render sound business decisions. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and able to meet deadlines. Required
- Must have experience with SharePoint. Required
- Must possess superior oral, written and presentation communication skills and be able to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management and union employees. Required
- Must be tech savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Required
- Experience with operator qualification program is strongly preferred Preferred
- Knowledge of gas pipeline safety regulations and requirements and a deep understanding of gas specifications and procedures Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to work in various field locations.
- Must be able and willing to travel outside of the Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.