Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of various information for financial and managerial reports, budgets, rate cases, audits, and other studies as directed.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors on requests relating to testing of controls and substantive testing of assigned topics.
- Prepare financial statements and management discussion and analysis in accordance with U.S. GAAP, SEC rules, and reporting requirements for regulated entities.
- Under the direction of supervisor and/or manager on a regular basis to provide financial and managerial reports accurately and timely.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks and/or assignments as needed.
- Comply with the Company policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting And a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience in Accounting
- Experience in public accounting preferred
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of two years' full-time work experience in Accounting Required
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices, knowledge of US GAAP Required
- Familiarity with Oracle EBS, HFM, and Oracle BI Preferred
- Familiarity with Wdesk or other financial reporting application Preferred
- Prior audit experience in public accounting firm and/or prior accounting experience in the utility industry Preferred
- Prior experience in preparing board books, financial and/or managerial reports Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Upon Hire Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.