Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Department Manager will lead an industry-leading EV Managed Charging team that will execute on ambitious targets to influence charging behavior in the Company's service area (to encourage charging during off-peak hours) in a manner that brings significant customer, grid and business benefits while also helping foster the growth of a nascent EV market through programs offering predictable operating cost relief.
- Be responsible for executing EV pilots and staying abreast of industry trends to enable Con Edison to test new business models that can inform future scalable programs and develop strong understanding of technologies that drive interoperability and standardization.
- Be responsible to deliver successful business results including by coordinating with key partners in other utility organizations such as those responsible for capital investment planning, with the goal of providing and maintaining the highest quality service to our customers while enabling thoughtful grid buildout that can absorb new electrification load.
- Oversee efforts to participate in larger Company efforts in the clean energy and electrification space and will be responsible to provide information and business insights to departments such as corporate affairs and strategic planning based on the execution experience of managing the programs.
- Become recognized as an expert leader in the nation and a champion of transport electrification inside and outside the Company; and work with other internal Con Edison departments and external stakeholders whose collaborative efforts can drive success on schedule and budget as well as advance Company business and leadership in this space.
- Coordinate with E-Mobility teams that develop program and regulatory strategy as well as oversee business development efforts to manage the programs in a manner so as to maximize grid, customer and business benefits while also aligning stakeholders and regulators with attributes that provide the necessary flexibility to be successful in achieving goals.
- Additionally closely coordinate with teams responsible for the development and management of technology tools critical to the Company's managed charging and other flexible load management programs and provide support to other organizations in the Company developing and communicating the Company's objectives in the transportation sector.
- Oversee and manage implementation of processes so programs are executed to a high, auditable standard and oversee the preparation of managed charging and pilot related data for thought papers, regulatory submissions, reporting, and interrogatory responses in regulatory proceedings.
- Help prepare summaries for the Director to help evaluate regulatory commission statements, recommendations, rulings as well as stakeholder comment filings related to Evs and managed charging to understand impact on Con Edison's planned transport electrification programs and recommend advocacy priorities that are necessary for business success.
- Keep abreast of EV managed charging implementation strategies and technology development being undertaken in other jurisdictions and across the country and the world to derive lessons that can be used to improve productivity and efficient delivery of program goals.
- Perform other related task and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 8 years of relevant experience Or
- Master's Degree And 6 years of relevant experience in the clean transportation sector or related grid focused areas in the energy and utilities industry.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have demonstrated expertise, experience, and a track record of success in managing programs in areas related to energy and utility industry.
- Must have demonstrated ability of managing a organization with a multitude of responsibilities requiring hands-on management and coordination for success.
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers, developers, energy service providers, regulators, elected officials, internal organizations working in the utilities sector and at all levels of management.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to successfully interface with executives, customers, business partners, regulators, public officials and other external stakeholders.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Experience with the rate case process or regulatory relationships for parts of the utility business and involvement with stand-alone projects such as customer side solutions or DER infrastructure (e.g. storage) or AMI.
- An understanding of the rate case process for parts of the utility business and involvement with projects such as customer side solutions, clean energy programs, or DER infrastructure (e.g. storage).
- Experience managing projects related to distributed energy resources or other infrastructure serving customers' energy related needs.
- Demonstrated work experience leading a fast-paced, project-oriented team preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory processes such as preparation of rate proceedings, responding to commission orders and responses to interrogatories preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.