Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for compliance reporting, inspection and tests, incident and accident investigations, program implementation, permit renewals, documentation and safety project oversight.
- Performs training of station personnel in various safety and industrial hygiene subject areas.
- Performs frequent safety inspection and observation of operations, maintenance, and construction activities and work practices to ensure safety and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates and provides oversight of city and state asbestos activities.
- Ensures all personnel use sound EHS practices in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
- Conducts contractor environment, health and safety program (eHASP) reviews for ensuring contractor compliance with company policy and government regulations.
- Administers respirator fit testing for Plant personnel when needed.
- Conducts hazard assessment and job safety analysis.
- Coordinates plant safety committee activities and initiatives.
- Maintains site specific respiratory protection program, confined space, hearing conservation and PPE programs.
- Conducts energy control program audits and inspections.
- Completes periodic safety self-assessments and facility inspections.
- Performs other related tasks or assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 6 years Operating or EH&S experience Or
- Associate's Degree Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Science. And 5 years Operating or EH&S experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Science. And 3 years Operating or EH&S experience Or
- Master's Degree Safety, Engineering, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biological Science. And 2 years Operating or EH&S experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience in Operations or EH&S as noted above. Power plant experience is preferred. Required
- Must be a highly motivated individual, demonstrate a strong Commitment to Excellence, and understand the vital importance of personal accountability. Required
- Demonstrated analytical skills Required
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills Required
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to successfully complete multiple tasks without compromising quality or timeliness. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively interact with various levels of personnel Required
- Must demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheet and database applications). Required
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Position requires extensive walking, stair and ladder climbing.
- Must be physically able to wear a respirator and work in difficult environments (heat, noise and confined spaces).
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.