Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Have an operational understanding of purchase requisitions, blanket purchase agreements (BPAs), receiving reports for materials and services, procurement card transactions, and class and stock material transactions documents.
- Will be able to read and interpret company specifications, parts, lists and drawings and must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Will have experience in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Office products and Maximo. They must be familiar with company systems such as Oracle EBS.
- Should also be familiar with corporate environmental Health And Safety Procedures (HASPs) in regard to procuring materials and services for utilization by company personnel and/or at company facilities.
- Will, in a timely manner, perform follow-up on all orders and document the status of these orders.
- Interact with internal customers, which will include but is not limited to, Supply Chain, Accounting, Engineering, Planners, etc., and also be able to act as a company liaison with external customers including manufacturers, vendors, engineers, sales representatives and various supply and service vendors.
- Review and process procurement transactions for equipment, materials, services and supplies from electrical material lists (EMs) and Material Service Request forms (MSRs).
- Perform procurement transactions at various supply stores in support of operations, maintenance and construction.
- A self-learner, possesses strong analytical and organization skills, and able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Will be required to perform procurement transactions at various supply stores in support of operations, maintenance and construction.
- Able to interact with internal customers, which will include but is not limited to Supervisors, Planners, Project Managers, Supply Chain, Central Engineering, Accounts Payable, Facilities & Field Services, and Environment, Health & Safety, and also be able to act as a company liaison with external customers including but not limited to manufacturers, vendors, engineers, sales representatives.
- Submits comprehensive and accurate receipting documentation promptly in Oracle EBS in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Seeks and provides procurement status updates from/to internal stakeholders. Perform a follow-up on all orders and document the status of these orders.
- Willing to work overtime when required, including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Should have an operational understanding of purchase requisitions, blanket purchase agreements (BPAs), receiving reports for materials and services, procurement card transactions, and class and stock material transactions documents.
- High School Diploma/GED 3 Years related experience in Supply Chain or related field
Required Work Experience
- 3-5 years related experience such as Supply Chain Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.