Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provides oversight in construction planning activities with Electric and Gas Operations, Engineering and Customer Meter Operations to meet customer construction needs and to enhance the Company's ability to forecast revenue and load.
- Provides a positive employee relations atmosphere through the proper and effective administration of the Company's policies, procedures and practices including but not limited to, grievances, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, training, motivation, counseling, performance appraisal, discipline, security, substance abuse, EEO, and Safety and Environmental policies.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory matters related to tariffs and constructions, and participates in activities related to modifications or implementation of regulatory issues.
- Recommends and establishes enhancements to, and manages maintenance of, company procedures, tariffs, construction specifications and other policies.
- Ensures compliance with Company gas and electric procedures, policies, specifications and all applicable regulatory codes. Monitors adherence to government and regulatory requirements and provides liaison with their representatives. Actively participates and contributes to rate case proceedings and provides interrogatory responses, data support, records and direct testimony as required.
- Acts as New Business liaison with Auditing and Quality Assurance (QA) Staff before, during and after department audits. Provides recommendations and corrective actions to New Business audits and performs follow-up reviews to verify adherence.
- Works closely with Gas and Electric Engineering and the Operating organizations to ensure that service levels and customer "In-Service" dates are achieved by evaluating procedures, scheduling criteria adherence and operations.
- In conjunction with Corporate Affairs, Engineering and Economic Development, meets with municipal leaders as necessary to discuss potential projects and new business growth and remains current with all municipal project requirements. Ensures that potential community concerns associated with New Business projects are addressed.
- Provides oversight and is responsible for adherence to policy, procedures and conformance for all project costs, customer contributions, refundable deposits and project contracts and agreements. Provides oversight to ensure correct billed rate code/service classifications assignments.
- Provides oversight to ensure compliance with all CEO Certification requirements.
- Promotes the development of others and provides for employee training and mentoring. Provides opportunities that support diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
Relevant Work Experience
- Related business experience, preferably in New Business, Electric Operations/Engineering or Gas Operations/Engineering, Project Management or Customer Service Required
- Strong leadership skills and prior supervisory experience or leading large projects/teams Required
- Must demonstrate strong written, oral and presentation skills and be able to exercise independent judgment, and possess the ability to render sound business decisions. Required
- Must demonstrate organizational and administrative skills. Required
- Knowledge of Customer Service and Work Management computer systems. Required
- Must demonstrate creativity and excellent interpersonal skill necessary to interface effectively with other departments, field staff, support staff, customers, and various levels of management and regulators. Required
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills and leadership abilities. Required
- Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, extremely customer focused and demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence. Required
- Must be able to successfully build relationships. Must be well organized, flexible, detailed oriented and should be able to handle multiple responsibilities and deadlines simultaneously. Required
- Must possess and maintain high ethical standards. Required
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications Required
- Working knowledge and experience in the areas of project management, construction, scheduling and/or cost control Preferred
- Working knowledge of the electric and gas distribution systems Preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory processes such as preparation of rate case proceedings, responding to commission orders and responses to interrogatories Preferred
- Experience working with contractor and/or community organizations Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- May be required to make field inspection as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.