Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Specialist is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Transmission Operation's Work Management Systems and will also work closely with consultants, manage contracts, and authorize payments for vendor contracts.
- Support department goals by:
- Develop and upkeep interactive instruction guides.
- Perform work management training to Transmission Operation Personnel.
- Work with field crews to test and roll out mobile devices.
- Work with internal/external IT to test software and products.
- Manage IT Projects and work closely with IT consultant professionals.
- Seek opportunities for work management improvements based on customer demands.
- Oversee modification to business processes and information systems to enhance inventory tracking, including developing dashboard tools for users.
- Ensure project deliverables are completed within forecasted cost and schedule parameters.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience working in Business or Information Technology projects or programs, or demonstrate a proven ability to manage process improvement projects to successful completion. Required
- Must have the ability to coordinate projects between different organizations. Required
- Must have computer literacy and the ability to direct the usage of electronic computer-based analytical simulations. Required
- Proficient in MS Office products. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout the company service territory as required.
- Must be able and willing to wear the required PPE as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.