Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of technology for Compliance Management; by ensuring solutions provide for proper data warehousing, ease of data retrieval, accuracy of reporting for regulatory requirements, creating dashboards and other requirements and priorities.
- Create analytics around the inventory of applicable regulations and the status of compliance.
- Use data analytics tools to ensure that compliance, risk, and mitigating activities are balanced, managed, and consistently advanced.
- Collaborate with other groups that have responsibilities for verifying compliance and incorporate or manage changes necessary to ensure technology solutions promote best practice or verbatim compliance as applicable.
- Represents Compliance Management at meetings in connection with job responsibilities.
- Contribute to Key Performance Indicators that will assist Compliance Management to define and measure progress toward organizational goals.
- Collaborate with Compliance Management team and other groups to ensure that compliance reports foster changes that promote mitigation of risk and compliance processes or activities.
- Makes recommendations for improving application design and implementation in light of process changes or changes in business or technology environment.
- Maintain well organized files and accurate records including maintaining back-up for computer files and safeguarding technology equipment, reports and other sensitive items.
- Develop material for end users including guides and training material.
- Provide training and development of applicable personnel on compliance solution(s).
- Encourage a workplace environment that fosters professionalism, safety, honesty, courtesy, excellence and teamwork.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study And 5 years relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study And 3 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Knowledge of computer application management, project management and system implementation, computer programing, or other related field. Required
- Experience in data analytics, database programming, and/or data mining. Required
- Experience working as a liaison between business units, vendors and IT in the development of Software programs Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, detail-oriented and flexible enough to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment. Ability to analyze processes and relevant data to recommend sound solutions, and implement process improvement. Required
- Relevant work experience in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations. Required
- Experience managing and developing presentations and communication plans Required
- Demonstrated leadership agility and proven track record of achieving sustainable results in managing projects, systems implementation, and process documentations. Required
- Must have demonstrable experience mentoring and training peers and/or direct reports Required
- A proven ability to develop and implement innovative process improvement initiatives Preferred
- Experience using and/or implementing GRC tools, RSA Archer strongly preferred. Preferred
- Experience in using data analytics and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, SAS, Qlik or related). Preferred
- Experience in regulatory compliance, auditing, governance or quality assurance. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Experience in a regulated environment And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion And
- Project Demonstrated project management skills And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: RSA Archer Certification(s) Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.