Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This position allows designers to be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to finished plans. This career requires a working knowledge of drafting, power plant and substation, operation and design. Applicant will perform all aspects of design work including but not limited to: preparation and development of construction drawings and documents, i.e., electrical, mechanical, structural, architectural, and transmission; coordination of design work with other designers, engineers and station personnel; performing field walk as required and design support during construction. Applicant must have working knowledge of drafting standards, design drawing preparation of general arrangement, sections, elevations, installation details, electrical wiring drawings and schematics. Applicant must be familiar with power and control wiring and raceway systems concept, design and installation. Candidates must have working knowledge of building codes, manufactures equipment drawings and material specifications. Applicant will work with civil, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines, designing new and modifying existing area, switching and generation stations.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years of full time design work experience Or
- Associate's Degree In Engineering (Electrical preferred).
Relevant Work Experience
- Required uired Experience:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of drafting standards, design drawing preparation of general arrangements, sections, elevations, installation details, electrical wiring drawings and schematics.
- Familiarity with power and control wiring and raceway system concepts, design and installations.
- Working knowledge of building codes, manufacturers equipment drawings and material specifications.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.