Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Legal Innovation and Operations (LIO) team is seeking a Project Specialist to manage and support projects across the range of legal areas supported by the LIO team. The role requires flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business, and organizational needs, including learning and managing new legal technologies. This role also requires the ability to operate independently and within a fast-paced environment and work proactively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels, including Law Department professionals, IT staff, and vendors. As legal technology is a rapidly changing industry, the Project Specialist is expected to be open-minded, thoughtful, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, and manage change. This is a hybrid role.
- The Project Specialist will provide LIO program support and collaborate to improve day-to-day efficiency, control costs, implement process improvements, and facilitate change.
- Undertake administrative management, maintenance, and improvement assignments for identified tools and technology solutions.
- Evaluate, test, train, implement, and support technology solutions utilized by the Law Department, interfacing with IT staff as needed.
- Respond to Law Department end users requests in a timely and professional manner. Review, analyze, and resolve issues, utilizing creative solutions and collaborating with IT staff when necessary.
- Assist to identify and implement new Law Department technology tools and technology solutions.
- Provide project management support for various LIO and Law Department initiatives (technology upgrades, technology implementations, cybersecurity drills, etc.).
- Manage procurement, budgeting, vendor management, information resources, and other LIO responsibilities.
- Maintain and update content on the Law Department's SharePoint and intranet sites, to provide self-service for the Department, practice groups, and customers.
- Update and create new forms, processes, and tools for the Law Department, using MS Forms, MS Lists, and other Company technology platforms. Contribute to LIO's automation efforts through increased use of Power Automate, Power Apps, and similar tools.
- Assist with solutions controls and reporting tasks, including SOX audits and ad hoc requests.
- Support and manage additional projects and initiatives within the Department.
- Responsible for additional tasks and duties to support the LIO team.
- Assist the Company during system emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment. This may require off-hour and weekend emergency response.
- Bachelor's Degree And Four years related work experience Direct responsibility for project tasks and technology solutions Or
- Master's Degree And Three years related work experience Direct responsibility for project tasks and technology solutions
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience managing and implementing technology solutions, and comfort with learning (and self-learning) new tools and systems Required
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and using project management skills to set objectives and achieve successful results. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and O365, including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Forms, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Proficiency with SharePoint and OneDrive. Required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills. Required
- Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team. Required
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups and building relationships with stakeholders to set objectives and produce results. Required
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment. Required
- Must show strong attention to detail and be able to multi-task in fast-paced environments. Required
- Proven track record of breaking down processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements. Required
- Experience in legal operations, in an in-house legal department, in a law-firm, and/or supporting legal technology solutions and end users (document management, matter management, contract management, e-billing, knowledge management, workflow solutions, etc.) Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Project Management Certification (PMP, CAPM, Legal Project Management, etc.) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.