Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist with conducting Snapshot reviews to identify risks, process improvement opportunities, and adherence to Organizational compliance.
- Assist with data management, statistical sampling, and departmental technology projects to support the needs of CQA.
- Assist CQA members to develop, plan, and initiate strategies to measure indicators and improve work practices in Central Operations. Report to management on trends and analysis that create focus on areas of concern.
- Participate in departmental projects related to technology initiatives and proof of concepts.
- Administer and maintain CQA's SharePoint site.
- Conduct QA Reviews/Snapshots to identify confidences, risks, and adherence to Organizational compliance.
- Conduct data management, statistical sampling, and data analysis to support the needs of CQA.
- Participate in departmental Operational Self Assessments (OSAs) to facilitate identifying process improvements.
- Collaborate with CQA members to develop, plan, and initiate strategies to measure indicators and improve work practices in Central Operations. Report to management on trends and analysis that create focus on areas of concern.
- Participate in departmental projects related to technology initiatives and proof of concepts. Lead discussions with stakeholders reviewing activity results.
- Collaborate with CQA members to assess work processes. This may include, but not limited to, reviewing procedures and records, using quality management tools, identifying and connecting to source data, and determining/or recommendations for improvements related to the subject matter.
- Develop indicators and/or dashboards using data visualization tools that display Organizational metrics, performance, and /or compliance.
- Collaborate with internal customers to develop quality control checklists and requirements using data visualization tools.
- Participate in Construction's Storm Damage Assessment on-call team.
- Participate in other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Construction Management, or related field of study And 4 years relevant work experience Or
- Associate's Degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Construction Management, or related field of study And 6 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must possess strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Required
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and the importance of personal accountability Required
- Service-oriented with a passion for data and problem-solving Required
- Must possess work experience in data mining, data analytics, and data visualization Required
- Must have experience working with rational database such as SQL and/or Oracle Required
- Must have experience with visualization and /or Business Intelligence tools such as Excel, Tableau, Oracle BI, and/or Power BI Required
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills Required
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to evaluate risks and trends Required
- Ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing and verbally Required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment Required
- Ability to manage and complete assignments within a specified time frame, and adapt to changing situations and priorities Required
- Must have experience with visualization and/or Business Intelligence applications such as Tableau, Oracle BI, and/or SQL Management Studio Required
- Work experience in quality management and/or IT auditing preferred Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, UML, Visio preferred. Preferred
- Experience with programming languages such as Java , C++, Python, R preferred Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.